Ahh, nothing beats the new found freedom of owning your own car. You get to go anywhere you want, anytime you want, and with anyone you want. That is until you get stuck in a traffic jam. And here in the Philippines, that's a daily occurrence.
But because there's really no real way to beat traffic, the Ford Motor Company commissioned a bunch of brilliant researchers to find out what are the Top 9 Most Stressful Factors When Driving in the Philippines. Here's how the numbers from the survey stacked up:
Obviously, Traffic Congestion ranks no. 1 with 77% of respondents admitting that it causes them stress and anxiety. Fuel Prices come in a close 2nd, while the daunting task of Finding Parking (especially in the busy metropolis) rounds up the Top 3.
With these stress factors in mind, Ford presents us 5 Tips on How to Relax Behind the Wheel.
- Sing in the Car | Research shows that singing can help trigger the brain to release endorphins. Surprisingly, a whopping 94% of the survey respondents from the Philippines admitted that they sing while driving. And if your vehicle is equipped with Ford's SYNC in-car connectivity system, you can stream your favorite tunes while keeping your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
- Lighten Up | If fuel prices are stressing you out, improve fuel economy by removing excess cargo from your vehicle, planing your routes ahead, and driving less aggressively. Better yet, get a car that packs Ford's powerful yet fuel efficient EcoBoost engine.
- Practice Makes Perfect | Can't parallel park? Go out and practice. But if you're too dumb or too lazy to do so, make sure you drive a car with Ford's Active Park Assist so it'll do it for you.
- Stay Alert and in Control | Obviously, you shouldn't drive when you're tired, sleepy, or stressed. Plan your trip, take plenty of breaks in between, and grab a cup of coffee and a solid meal. Or, you can drive the new Ford Ranger that comes with a Driver Impairment Monitor that reminds you when it's time to take a rest.
- Smart Cars Have Your Back | Cars these days are packed with tech that help prevent accidents, such as Ford's Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) and Forward Collision Alert. These smart features look out for you that can help you have peace of mind behind the wheel.
New models from the Japanese carmaker continue to debut in the local front.
Here’s what air fresheners do to your body.
It’s a fruitful year for the company, and all other signs are here.