Every year—for 18 years now—Ford Philippines has been celebrating the efforts and recognizing the sweat shed by local automotive journalists through its annual Henry Ford Awards (HFA). This year, another set of winners from 16 categories received the copper steering wheel trophy from the American automaker, including a title bagged by AutoDeal.
There were 239 entries that flooded the gates of Ford Philippines after it announced the start of submissions. Out of the 239 entries in both regular and special categories, 16 pieces were selected. Among the winners was AutoDeal, bagging the Best Smart Technology Feature title for the “6 Reasons Why Subaru Eyesight Is Your Best Bud in Heavy Traffic” article written by Jacob Oliva. The article featured the advantages you get with Subaru’s EyeSight technology and how it’s perfectly usable amidst the horrendous Metro Manila traffic.
Meanwhile, the 2018 Ford Mustang Convertible and the 2018 Everest video reviews, entries by AutoDeal’s video team composed of Caco Tirona and Vincent Villa, were finalists for the Best Ford Automotive Video Feature. On the other hand, the 2018 Mustang written review article, which was also written by Jacob, was a finalist in the Best Ford Automotive Feature.
Categories of the 2019 HFA include regular and special categories. There were eight judges for the regular categories – four in the first phase and another four in the second phase. Here are the other winners in the regular categories:
- Best Automotive Print Feature: “High Tech Features of Cars Today, And Why They’re Worth Every Peso” by Ramoncito Henares for Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Best Automotive Column: “The TNVS Saga – The Ball is in LTFRB’s Court” by Manuel Francis de los Reyes for Philippine Star
- Best Automotive Online Feature: “Sell the Car? Here’s the Cost of Maintenance Over 21 Years by Paulo Rafael Subido for Top Gear Philippines
- Best Automotive Print Lifestyle Feature: “Crazy Rich Asians” by Manuel Francis de los Reyes for 2.0 Magazine
- Best Automotive Online Lifestyle Feature: “We Ask the Experts – Brand New vs. Second Hand” by Eric Tipan for AutoIndustriya
- Best Published Photograph: “Speed of Light” by Joserl Cruz Rabe for AutoIndustriya
- Best Automotive Road Safety Feature: “What Are The Legal Implications of Leaving A Toddler Inside A Car” by Maria Cecilia Carpena for Top Gear Philippines
- Best Automotive Green Feature: “Almost Half of Future Car Buyers in the PH are Open to Electric Vehicles: Are You One of Them?” by Paul John Caña for Entrepreneur Philippines
- Best Automotive Video Feature: “Land Rover and Jaguar: Above and Beyond” by Emmanuel Davein Madrid for Auto Review – PTV 4
- Best Automotive Industry Feature: “Anti-Poor or Pro-Commuter? PUV Modernization Explained” by Iñigo Sarmiento Roces for AutoIndustriya
There were three judges in the special category who evaluated all entries. The panel consisted of Professional photographer Paco Guerrero, Ogilvy Philippines Executive Creative Director Michael Sicam, and Film director Paul Soriano. Winners in the special categories were:
- Best Ford Automotive Video Feature: “Ford Ranger: Karabella” by Shazadi Reyra de los Reyes for Auto Review – PTV 4
- Best Ford Published Photograph: “Crowd Pleaser” by Kelvin Christian Go for AutoIndustriya
- Best Ford ‘Go Further’ Feature: “Four Why’s Ideal Mothers Are The Role Models for Road Safety” by Ronald Rey de los Reyes for BusinessMirror
- Best Ford Automotive Feature: “A Surprise Fit for a Queen” by Mikey Yan for Top Gear Philippines
- Best Automotive Section for Broadsheet: The Manila Times
“The HFA has become an institution in the local automotive industry with its continuing efforts to help boost the practice of motoring journalism in the country and give outstanding motoring journalists the recognition they deserve.”
Toyota’s value packed and red hot summer promo is available until March 31, 2019.
J&T chooses FOTON trucks to deliver their customers great service.
AVID reports industry figures to give an idea on the performance of several segments in the industry.