The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) announced that it will be repairing five roads in Metro Manila this weekend. Construction work will begin from 11:00 pm of Friday, July 13, to 5:00 am of Monday, July 16, 2018.
Along Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (EDSA), four sections will undergo repairs:
- Fourth lane from the sidewalk from Arayat Street to Ignacio Diaz (Cubao area), southbound.
- Second lane from the sidewalk from Timog Avenue to Kamuning Road (Cubao area), southbound.
- Third lane from the center island in front of Francesca Tower to after Scout Borromeo, southbound.
- Second lane from the sidewalk from Vertis North to Trinoma Mall, northbound.
Aside from that, the DPWH will also conduct roadworks in four other parts of Metro Manila:
- First lane of Batasan Road from Commonwealth Avenue to Kalinisan Street, northbound.
- A. H. Lacson Avenue, near Aragon Street.
- First lane of Congressional Avenue, before the corner of Jupiter Street.
- Third lane of Fairview Avenue from Mindanao Avenue Extension to Jordan Plains Subdivision.
Motorists are advised to take alternate routes or in the event that passing through these thoroughfares is a must, better leave early to avoid the congestion.
Caltex’s borescope test gets a 9.8 out of 10 rating for the cleanliness of engine intake valves in the Philippines.
The World Health Organization is not impressed on how road safety is currently being tackled, stressed that this is a problem with proven solution.
Quite a milestone for Nissan when its one-millionth unit rolled off the brand’s Sunderland plant in the UK.