For those who joined the 2015 Vision Petron Art Competition, here’s something you’ve all been waiting for. Petron Corporation has released the winning entries that made the theme “Lakbay Kasiyahan: Our Journey to Happiness” all the more meaningful.
The art contest which was geared towards bringing out the creative talents of art students nationwide had 5 categories namely the Oil/Acrylic-Based Painting, Water-Based Painting, Photography, Video-Making, and T-Shirt Art Design.
Among those who showed their mastery in the art of painting was Weriel Mallari from Tarlac State University. He won 2 grand prizes under his name. His “Libre Lang Maging Masaya, May Sukli Pa” and “Basaan sa San Juan” entries bagged the Oil/Acrylic-Based Painting and Water-Based Painting categories, respectively.
Other grand prize winning entries for the painting and other categories are as follows.
- “Smile! All is Well!” by Wencyl Ureta (Museo ng Bulacan).
- “Hapag Ng Kagalakan” by Modesto Samonte Jr. (College of the Immaculate Conception, Nueva Ecija).
Water-Based Painting Category:
- “Aanhin ang Masarap na Ulam Kung Wala Naman ang Magulang” by Eric Perreras (Museo ng Angeles, Pampanga).
- “Surprise” by Arman Jay Arago (Kulay Diwa Gallery).
- “Shadow+Play” by Jenevie Estrella (Partido State University).
- “Mga Angel sa Calangitan” by Joel Policarpio (Museo ng Probinsya ng Tarlac).
- “Amigo” by Reyjie Baluyot (Southern Luzon State University).
- “Sumisilip na Kasiyahan” by Vincent Gerard de la Rosa (Tanauan Institute).
- “Ingiti Mo” by Jana Patricia Padre Juan (EARIST).
- “Liguan Na!” by Jal Valdez (Adventist University of the Philippines).
- “Lipad” by Rizzelle Mae Santiago (Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology).
- Para Sa ‘Yo Kaibigan” by Vyankka Balasabas (University of Mindanao).
- “Tingnan Nang Malapitan” by Anne Catherine Malazarte (University of San Agustin).
T-Shirt Art Design Category:
- “Lakbay Kasiyahan sa Aming Munting Tahanan” by Ejem Alarcon (Lakandayang Cultural Association).
- “Hiling” by Jonathan Villalobos (University of the Cordilleras).
- “Happinas” by Deo Carlos Amarante (EARIST).
Ford's 1.0L EcoBoost snatched the title for the Best Engine Under 1.0L yet again.
The Japanese marque’s small SUV and hatchback get 1-Up this year.
Hyundai is bringing back its National Car Wash Weekend for the 3rd time around.