The Traffic and Parking Management Office (TPMO) announced that some of Pasig’s major roads will be temporarily closed for the 15th Grand Bambino Festival Parade this Sunday, January 15, 2017.
The announcement was made through the official Facebook page of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA).
According to the post, the following roads will be closed from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- Caruncho Avenue (Westbound)
- M.H. Del Pilar Street (Brgy. San Nicolas)
- Dr. Pilapil Street (Brgy. Kapasigan)
- Plaza Rizal Intersection
- P. Burgos Street (Brgy. San Jose)
- Dr. Garcia Street (Brgy. Sumilang)
- R. Jabson Street (Brgy. Bambang and Brgy. Malinao)
Motorists are advised to take alternate routes to avoid any inconvenience.
The Grand Bambino Festival is Pasig's own way of celebrating and honoring the Sto. Nino. It was first celebrated in January 2002 to highlight the significance of the Blessed Child in the lives of Pasiguenos.