Better plan your trips in advance and pin all alternate routes along the way. The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has released their initial list of scheduled road repairs, reblocking, and equipment installation across the metro from January to December 23, 2016.
Affected areas will be along the main thoroughfares in Caloocan, Makati, Manila, Mandaluyong, Muntinlupa, Pasay, and Quezon City.
According to MMDA, these involve the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) as well as Manila Water, Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT), Sky Cable Corporation, and the private company called the Hexagon Corporate Center.
For full information of said road works and other scheduled activities, please refer to the list below.
- MANILA WATER excavation for sewer lines replacement project from January 05 to April 18, 2016.
- PLDT installation/cable laying of FOC (aerial only) from January 06 to February 05, 2016
- DPWH MMIIDEO drainage system improvement from January 08 to March 22, 2016 - along Kalayaan Avenue, Brgy. Pitogo, District II, Makati City
- DPWH MMIIDEO drainage system improvement from January 08 to April 06, 2016 - along Kalayaan Avenue towards J.P. Rizal Street - Makati Pateros River, District II, Metro Manila
- DPWH SMED upgrading of sidewalk from January 08 to April 06, 2016 along Sales St., Pasay City
- DPWH MMIIDEO road repar and reblocking from January 08 to May 06, 2016 - along A.P. Reyes Avenue towards Pasig River (Northbound) Brgy. Carmona, District I, Makati City - along South Super Highway from Homonhon St towards Maribacan Creek, Brgy. Magallanes, District I, Makati City- along South Super Highway from SSH Box Culvert towards Zanzibar Creek, District I, Makati City
- DPWH SMED road repair and reblocking from January 08 to June 07, 2016 - along Pres. Quirino Avenue (Canonigo Street) Chainage 0 - Chainage 763 and Vicinity, Paco, Manila
- DPWH QCSEC road repair and reblocking from January 08 to May 06, 2016 - along C.P. Garcia Street (Intermittent Section) Quezon City
- DPWH QCSED rehabilitation of drainage system from January 08 to July 05, 2016 - along Katipunan Avenue (Broadcast City to B. Serrano Avenue, Intermittent Section) 3rd LD Quezon City
- DPWH QCSED rehabilitation of drainage system from January 15 to July 12, 2016 - along Aurora Boulevard from EDSA to 15th Avenue, (Intermittent Section) Quezon City
- Hexagon Corporate Center installation of temporary construction fence and temporary use of outer lane for delivery of construction materials from January 08 to April 06, 2016 - at 1470 Quezon Avenue (Westbound) West Triangle, Quezon City
- DPWH MMIIDEO rehabilitation and improvement of EDSA from January 08 to June 05, 2016 - Magallanes tunnel drainage system and its vicinity, District I, Makati City
- DPWH SMED national road lighting program, package 8 civil works, completion of Roxas Boulevard East Service Road from January 20 to July 17, 2016
- Sky Cable Corp installation of cable (aerial only), cable splicing and signal checking from January 22 to February 21, 2016 - along Rizal Avenue crossing EDSA to McArthur Highway, Caloocan City
- DPWH LPMDEO construction of pedestrian overpass from January 22 to June 29, 2016 - along Daang Maharlika (LZ) in fromt of SM Muntinlupa Brgy. Tunasan Muntinlupa City Sta.
- DPWH SMED rehabilitation/major repair of permanent bridges EDSA flyover (Southbound) from January 22 to May 20, 2016 - along Roxas Boulevard - EDSA flyover, Pasay City
- DPWH MMIIDEO widening of C-5 Road from January 22 to June 19, 2016 - C-5 Road, Makati City
- DPWH QCSED concreting/widening and drainage improvement/rehabilitation from January 22 to December 23, 2016 - along Mother Ignacia Street Quezon City
- Eastern Telecom. Philippines Inc. excavation for pipe laying of underground condult through horizontal drilling (HDD) and open trench from January 27 to March 26, 2016 - along Ortigas Avenue corner C-5 Road, Brgy. Ugong North, Quezon City
- PLDT Co. installation/splicing of fiber optic cable facilities from January 27 to February 16, 2016 along Ortigas Avenue corner Holy Cross Columbia Street, Mandaluyong City
- MERALCO replacement of hazardous rotted poles and re-conductoring tree wire from January 27 to January 28, 2016 - along EDSA (Southbound) MRT Boni station up to Guadalupe Bridge, Mandaluyong City
- MDC Build Plus Inc installation of temporary overhead sidewalk safety protection from January 29 to February 27, 2016 - along EDSA (Northbound) near P. Tuazon Street, infront of the proposed AMAI Skies Tower Phase 2, Cubao, Quezon City
- Robinsons Communities installation of temporary overhead safety canopy and temporary use of 1 lane during delivery of materials from Robinsons Chimes Greenhills to Annapolis from January 29 to March 13, 2016 - at No. 13 Annapolis Street, Brgy. Greenhills, San Juan City
- DPWH MMIIDEO improvement cleaning and declogging of Airport Road outfall from January 30 to June 27, 2016 - along Brgy. Baclaran, Paranaque City