About Porsche Philippines
Founded by Ferdinand Porsche in 1931, Porsche began as a consultation company called the Dr. Ing. H.C.F. Porsche. With its HQ located at Stuttgart Germany, it specialized in assisting the country’s various local auto manufacturers in terms of automotive technology, development, and innovation.
Prior to the 2nd World War, the German Government issued an order for Mr. Porsche and his company to come up with the “People’s Car” now known as the Beetle. But in 1948, the first Porsche-vehicle was born, the 356 which was designed by Ferdinand’s son Ferry Porsche.
As the years went on, Porsche made a name for itself as a one of the best sports car builders in the world thanks to models such as the legendary 911. They also secured a spot in the world of motorsports, winning prestigious races like the 24 Hours of Le Mans a record number of 16 times.
Here in the Philippines, Porsche landed in the country in 2005 through its official importer and distributor PGA Cars, Inc.. Known as the Porsche Centre, its HQ is located at #201 EDSA Mandaluyong, and within that 3,000sqm facility resides an array of the latest Porsche models, as well as a lifestyle section, featuring a whole host of Porsche merchandise.
Its line-up includes the flagship 911, Cayman, Boxter, Panamera, Cayenne, and Macan.