About Volvo Philippines
Regarded by some as the safest automotive brand in the world, Volvo Car Corporation was founded in April 14, 1927 by SKF (Svenska Kullagerfabriken) - a roller-bearing manufacturing company.
Industrialist Assar Thorvald Nathanael Gabrielsson and automotive engineer Erik Gustaf Larson were appointed as the brand’s managing Director and Technical Manager. Together, they came up with Volvo’s first ever model, the OV4 Touring in 1927.
Through the years, Volvo has undergone a lot of improvements, including a management ownership under Ford Motor Company’s Premier Automotive Group in 2008, and an acquisition by Chinese automaker Geely Automobile in 2009. But one thing remained intact and its Volvo’s commitment to automotive safety.
In the Philippines, Volvo has been imported and distributed by the Scandinavian Motors Corporation, a 100% Filipino-owned company, since 1994. With its HQ located along Don Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City, Volvo Cars Philippines prides itself with range-topping models that have exemplified automotive excellence in safety. Currently, it has dealerships and service outlets in Makati, North EDSA, Alabang, Cebu, and Iloilo.