Volkswagen Philippines is preparing its dealerships to reopen in General Community Quarantine (GCQ) areas. The European brand has put into place several guidelines for both its customers and staff so that everyone stays protected from being exposed to the Coronavirus.
When the brand’s dealerships reopen once the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) has been lifted, customers can expect to be greeted with and treated not only to Volkswagen’s lineup of vehicles but also to a level of service that embodies the motoring lifestyle experience that only the German brand can offer.
Volkswagen Philippines’ President Felipe Estrella has already sent out a message to dealer owners and executives stating that all steps have been taken to comply with the safety protocols, guidelines, and regulations issued by the Philippine government’s Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).
He continues by stating that “It will be very vital that we collectively create an environment wherein our customers’ safety, health and well-being are our utmost priority by the time we are allowed to operate and our customers are allowed to visit our dealerships once again. With this, we recommend certain guidelines, procedures, and systems in order to ensure our readiness and guarantee the safety of everyone.”
With that in mind, every customer who will want to visit any Volkswagen dealership will have to practice the following in order to comply with the guidelines that are aimed at minimizing the risk of exposure to the Coronavirus.
- Wear a facemask throughout the visit.
- Before entry, body temperature will be checked, then alcohol will be sprayed onto hands. Customers who register body temperatures above 37 degrees Celsius will be informed that entry is not allowed and recommended to seek medical consultation.
- Shaking hands will be avoided, and physical distancing (at least one meter apart) will be strictly followed.
- At transaction tables, customers and sales and service personnel will not sit beside one another, but across the table. Thus, only two persons are allowed per table.
- At the showroom and vehicle service bays, customers and attendants shall maintain
- physical distance, even when inside the vehicle.
- All facilities where customers may be in—or use—shall be regularly disinfected. Every transaction table will have alcohol or hand sanitizer.
- Touchless and cashless. The use of credit cards or online payments is highly recommended.
- For those who would like to test drive, all vehicles will be fully sanitized and are guaranteed to be safe.
For aftersales operations, customers must set service appointments and observe physical distancing in the process. Service advisors and personnel are required to wear personal protective gear while working on a vehicle. All the tools used before and after a vehicle is serviced will be disinfected.
All Volkswagen dealership personnel are also advised to follow health and safety protocols for business operations. These protocols are stipulated in the guidelines given out by the Philippine government in relation to GCQ regulations as well as the brand’s own Dealership Sales and After Sales Operations guide and Recommendations. In this manner, every customer that visits any Volkswagen dealership will be safe as the brand adapts to the “new normal.”