Better start planning and saving up for the ultimate road trip as the Philippine government is planning to construct bridges that will connect Luzon to key areas in Visayas and Mindanao.
Under the Build, Build, Build program, this project will have a total of eight bridges and cost at around P269.19-billion. Although there is no timeline yet, the list of bridges have been announced and are set to be sent in for approval of the Investment Coordination Committee (ICC).
- 18.2-km bridge connecting Samar to Luzon
- Either a 20-km underwater tunnel or a long-span overhead bridge from Leyte to Mindanao
- 5.7-km Panay to Guimaras bridge
- 12-km worth of inter-island linkages connecting Guimaras and Negros
- 1-km Bohol-Lapinig island bridge
- 18-km bridge from Lapinig island to Leyte
- 5.5-km Cebu-Negros link
- 24.5-km Cebu to Bohol link
This will amount to around 105-km worth of infrastructure that, according to Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III, will help stimulate the economic growth and create jobs outside Metro Manila.
Thomas Sedran gives a little background on the projects and goals laid out for both companies.
Here’s a brief list of the possible cars being groomed for their 2021 launch.
It is quite obvious that JLR is facing some major dilemma with their plans